Keenetic Linear и работа аналоговой телефонии

Megavolt1000

Question

Здравствуйте,

в этой теме и в статье https://help.keenetic.com/hc/ru/articles/4407012166674-Установка-IP-АТС-Asterisk-18-на-интернет-центр-Keenetic

упоминается некое устройство Keenetic Linear для подключения аналоговой телефонной линии.

Разъясните, пожалуйста, текущий статус продукта: когда ожидается в продаже, какая планируется цена, какие будут основные характеристики? Это будет замена Plus DECT или дополнение?

Возникла нужда подкючиться к городскому телефону, вот думаю: подождать или купить сторонний VoIP шлюз.

Спасибо.

Пока маркетинговая компания не началась, потому не можем сказать точно. Только известно, что у него будет FXS-порт для подключения телефонов и базовых странций dect.

FXS или FXO ? Его можно будет воткнуть в розетку городского телефона или в него можно будет воткнуть аналоговый аппарат ?

По срокам хотя бы приблизительно скажите, 2021 ? 22,23?

А какова минимальная версия прошивки, совместимая с Keenetic Linear? У меня тут есть старый Giga II с 2.16 delta — слишком старая? Или можно помечтать о портировании компонента телефонной станции из новых версий?)

28 minutes ago, andreymal said:

А какова минимальная версия прошивки, совместимая с Keenetic Linear? У меня тут есть старый Giga II с 2.16 delta — слишком старая? Или можно помечтать о портировании компонента телефонной станции из новых версий?)

Для совместимости с Keenetic Linear нужна версия прошивки 3.7.1 или более поздняя. К сожалению, невозможно портировать телефонную станцию с поддержкой Linear в 2.16.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

My SIP service was active today.
I have Linear. SIP does not register.
It gives 408 time out.

What should I do?

Peak DSL + Linear

No problem with my sip server. I'm not blocked by the ISP either. I can provide services with Zopier.

@sips

Jun 21 16:09:27 nvox
Line AVENCOM: 185.141.xxx.yyy registration failed: response 408 Request Timeout.

or 

16:10:39.001 pjsua_acc.c !..Unable to create/send REGISTER: Object is busy (PJSIP_EBUSY) [status=171001]

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING

59 minutes ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

I have Linear. SIP does not register.
It gives 408 time out.

I suggest you update KeeneticOS on your router to version 3.8.1 from the update channel “Preview”. KeeneticOS 3.8.1 contains important changes related to the DNS SRV resolution features. Most probably, those changes could help you to resolve the SIP registration issue. To update Keenetic OS, open the web configurator of your Keenetic, go to Management>System settings, select the update channel “Preview”, check that the version 3.8.1 is available and then click “Install the update”.
After the update process is done, re-check SIP registration.

5 minutes ago, sips said:

I suggest you update KeeneticOS on your router to version 3.8.1 from the update channel “Preview”. KeeneticOS 3.8.1 contains important changes related to the DNS SRV resolution features. Most probably, those changes could help you to resolve the SIP registration issue. To update Keenetic OS, open the web configurator of your Keenetic, go to Management>System settings, select the update channel “Preview”, check that the version 3.8.1 is available and then click “Install the update”.
After the update process is done, re-check SIP registration.

Thank you for the quick reply.
But I am already using 3.8.1 dev.

I have allowed 5060 ports with firewall
Or is there any dns-based blocking, I checked. None of them yielded results. DNS queries seem to have trouble-free access to the SIP server.

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING

2 minutes ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

But I am already using 3.8.1 dev.

Please, provide me with the diagnostic info so that I can try to investigate the issue and help you to resolve it. Follow the steps below to collect the diagnostic info:
1) open the web configurator of your Keenetic, go to Telephony>Phone station, disable the Phone station by the slider on the top of the page;
2) go to Management>Diagnostics>Debug, click “Restart system in debug mode”;
3) go to Telephony>Phone station, enable the Phone station by the slider on the top of the page;
4) go to Telephony>Phone lines, wait until the registration status 408 is there;
5) go to Management>Diagnostics>Debug, click “Stop debugging”;
6) download the file self-test_xxxxx.txt and attach it here with your next post.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sips said:

Please, provide me with the diagnostic info so that I can try to investigate the issue and help you to resolve it. Follow the steps below to collect the diagnostic info:
1) open the web configurator of your Keenetic, go to Telephony>Phone station, disable the Phone station by the slider on the top of the page;
2) go to Management>Diagnostics>Debug, click “Restart system in debug mode”;
3) go to Telephony>Phone station, enable the Phone station by the slider on the top of the page;
4) go to Telephony>Phone lines, wait until the registration status 408 is there;
5) go to Management>Diagnostics>Debug, click “Stop debugging”;
6) download the file self-test_xxxxx.txt and attach it here with your next post.

I will have sent it by tomorrow at the latest.
Thank you.

20 hours ago, sips said:

SIP does not register.
It gives 408 time out.

Are you sure your SIP proxy really listens on non-standard port UDP 5600?? If you’re not, go to Telephony>Phone lines>CUSTOM>Telephone line settings, remove “:5600” from the field SIP proxy, SIP registrar and SIP domain in order the SIP UA sends SIP messages to standard port UDP 5060. When done, re-check SIP registration.

2 hours ago, sips said:

Are you sure your SIP proxy really listens on non-standard port UDP 5600?? If you’re not, go to Telephony>Phone lines>CUSTOM>Telephone line settings, remove “:5600” from the field SIP proxy, SIP registrar and SIP domain in order the SIP UA sends SIP messages to standard port UDP 5060. When done, re-check SIP registration.

My fault. I typed 5600 when I wanted to specify it as 5060.
As 5060, it results in 408 timeouts.

Addition: I sent another self-test as a secret message.

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING

1 hour ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

As 5060, it results in 408 timeouts.

After studying the new debug file, the SIP proxy doesn’t reply to SIP messages sent from the SIP UA. Probably it doesn't reply because it doesn't receive the SIP messages.
Go to Management>Diagnostics>Network connection test, place the IP address of your SIP proxy into the field “Host address” and click “Start the test”. Check if the SIP proxy replies to the echo requests. In case there are no replies, check the routing settings configured on your Keenetic. Maybe you should route the traffic to the SIP proxy via VPN. Anyway, you have to configure your Keenetic so that the SIP proxy replies to the echo requests.

FYI, your SIP proxy replies to pings and SIP messages sent from my own Keenetic, ONLY when all the traffic goes via a VPN tunnel established to a VPN server located in Germany. Probably, the SIP proxy doesn’t respond to packets sent from your geographic location, as well as from mine.

37 minutes ago, sips said:

After studying the new debug file, the SIP proxy doesn’t reply to SIP messages sent from the SIP UA. Probably it doesn't reply because it doesn't receive the SIP messages.
Go to Management>Diagnostics>Network connection test, place the IP address of your SIP proxy into the field “Host address” and click “Start the test”. Check if the SIP proxy replies to the echo requests. In case there are no replies, check the routing settings configured on your Keenetic. Maybe you should route the traffic to the SIP proxy via VPN. Anyway, you have to configure your Keenetic so that the SIP proxy replies to the echo requests.

FYI, your SIP proxy replies to pings and SIP messages sent from my own Keenetic, ONLY when all the traffic goes via a VPN tunnel established to a VPN server located in Germany. Probably, the SIP proxy doesn’t respond to packets sent from your geographic location, as well as from mine.

Thank you for the explanations.
Thinking that I can use the VOIP service in Türkiye, I brought Linear from Germany. It is not sold in my country.
So, in this case, can we say that there is no compatibility for Türkiye?

The ping to the SIP proxy is responding.

Spoiler

sending ICMP ECHO request to 185.141.111.10...
PING 185.141.111.10 (185.141.111.10) 56 (84) bytes of data.
84 bytes from 185.141.111.10: icmp_req=1, ttl=56, time=17.67 ms.
84 bytes from 185.141.111.10: icmp_req=2, ttl=56, time=18.14 ms.
84 bytes from 185.141.111.10: icmp_req=3, ttl=56, time=17.78 ms.
84 bytes from 185.141.111.10: icmp_req=4, ttl=56, time=17.66 ms.
84 bytes from 185.141.111.10: icmp_req=5, ttl=56, time=17.71 ms.
--- 185.141.111.10 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss,
0 duplicate(s), time 4019.69 ms.
Round-trip min/avg/max = 17.66/17.79/18.14 ms.

In that case, do you recommend routing through Germany with a VPN?

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING

17 hours ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

I brought Linear from Germany. It is not sold in my country.
So, in this case, can we say that there is no compatibility for Türkiye?

Actually It doesn’t matter that you bought Linear in another country. The telephony service should work if Keenetic+Linear successfully exchanges SIP and RTP traffic with your VoIP provider.

13 hours ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

It is working. SIP registered with WARP VPN forwarding.

It is great that WARP VPN helped to resolve the issue.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sips said:

Actually It doesn’t matter that you bought Linear in another country. The telephony service should work if Keenetic+Linear successfully exchanges SIP and RTP traffic with your VoIP provider.

It is great that WARP VPN helped to resolve the issue.

Thanks again for your solution.
But there is one point that I still don't understand.
When I do the routing manually for my ISP, I cannot register.

In this case, is my problem the ISP blocking or the location of the sip proxy?

WARP (wireguard) solved it while Turkey server was connected.

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING

4 hours ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

is my problem the ISP blocking or the location of the sip proxy?

Try to connect your Keenetic to other VoIP providers (for example Actionvoip, Nonoh and VoipDiscount) directly, without the VPN. You don't even need to get SIP registration success, just check if there is a response to SIP messages.
If you get the status 408 Request Timeout with other VoIP providers, it probably means that your ISP probably blocks SIP traffic for some reason. 
If other VoIP providers respond to SIP messages while your VoIP provider doesn’t respond, it could mean your VoIP provider blocks your location for some reason.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sips said:

Try to connect your Keenetic to other VoIP providers (for example Actionvoip, Nonoh and VoipDiscount) directly, without the VPN. You don't even need to get SIP registration success, just check if there is a response to SIP messages.
If you get the status 408 Request Timeout with other VoIP providers, it probably means that your ISP probably blocks SIP traffic for some reason. 
If other VoIP providers respond to SIP messages while your VoIP provider doesn’t respond, it could mean your VoIP provider blocks your location for some reason.

I will check all. Thank you!

Hi @sips ,

Today I noticed that my voip service has timeout error.
It was already working with VPN routing. I checked VPN is ok.
I tried the secondary sip server. I saw that it gave either timeout or unauthorized error.
Today was a national holiday. I couldn't reach my voip provider.

By the way, I am running into this error.
Could it be caused by the 3.9.A.7 software version?
I'm using Linear plugged in via hub.
It can give the same error when removing and plugging. I have also observed that it gives this error even though it is recognized up to the Linear Serial number in the system log. Turning the switch off and on a few times also fixes it.

https://prnt.sc/S2-D4Cdx-5t-

https://prnt.sc/TNaz2aFvDEyf

18 hours ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

I'm using Linear plugged in via hub.
It can give the same error when removing and plugging. I have also observed that it gives this error even though it is recognized up to the Linear Serial number in the system log. Turning the switch off and on a few times also fixes it.

May I know the model of your USB hub that your Linear is connected to?
And please, send me the system event log file (Management>System settings>System files) from your Keenetic. You should download it right after the error occurs again.

5 hours ago, sips said:

May I know the model of your USB hub that your Linear is connected to?
And please, send me the system event log file (Management>System settings>System files) from your Keenetic. You should download it right after the error occurs again.

My hub is Ugreen 3.0 USB Gigabit Ethernet ASIX88179 (https://ugreen.com.tr/urun/ugreen-usb-3-0-gigabit-ethernet-rj45-donusturucu-usb-coklayici/)

In addition, the hub is powered by a 5v 3a adapter. There are 2.5" hdd and ssd in 2 ports. I will send the files privately when I repeat the error. thanks.

21 hours ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

I will send the files privately when I repeat the error.

From the system log I received from you, I see the SIP line “AVENCOM” was disabled and enabled 36 times. Please, clarify whether you turned the SIP line off and on 36 times?

[I] Aug 30 09:02:11 ndm: Nvox::Manager: disabled SIP line "1".

[I] Aug 30 09:02:18 ndm: Nvox::Manager: enabled SIP line "1". 

[I] Aug 30 09:02:48 ndm: Nvox::Manager: disabled SIP line "1". 

[I] Aug 30 09:02:55 ndm: Nvox::Manager: enabled SIP line "1". 

[I] Aug 30 09:03:55 ndm: Nvox::Manager: disabled SIP line "1". 

[I] Aug 30 09:04:04 ndm: Nvox::Manager: enabled SIP line "1". 

[I] Aug 30 09:05:08 ndm: Nvox::Manager: disabled SIP line "1". 

[I] Sep  1 11:08:40 ndm: Nvox::Manager: enabled SIP line "1". 

You wrote: “Turning the switch off and on a few times also fixes it”. Did you mean when you see the SIP line status “The telephony service is not configured” and the telephony service is unreachable, you turn the SIP line off and on several times and it helps to restore the telephony service?

3 hours ago, sips said:

Please, clarify whether you turned the SIP line off and on 36 times?

yes, turned it off and on after some server and routing setup

or ⬇️

3 hours ago, sips said:

when you see the SIP line status “The telephony service is not configured” and the telephony service is unreachable

restarted it for this reason.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:45 PM, KYTECHNGAMING said:

My hub is Ugreen 3.0 USB Gigabit Ethernet ASIX88179

Please clarify if I understand it right:

1) all your USB devices (HDD, SSD and Linear), are connected to the same USB hub connected to port USB1 of your Keenetic;

2) port USB2 of your Keenetic is not in use.

17 minutes ago, sips said:

Please clarify if I understand it right:

1) all your USB devices (HDD, SSD and Linear), are connected to the same USB hub connected to port USB1 of your Keenetic;

2) port USB2 of your Keenetic is not in use.

1- Yes

2- No, I am using for few leds :)

There is no power problem with USBs. Linear does not disconnect from usb.
I noticed the situation when I turned the service off and on manually. Linear either does not come on, it recognizes the settings again, or it gets better after a few cuts and turns on the switch.

My VoIP service has been registered again at this morning.
I'm waiting for information from the provider for the source of the problem.

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING

In my opinion, you’ve faced two different issues.

The first issue is “The telephony service is not configured”. If you see the message “The telephony service is not configured” again, try to connect Linear to the port USB2 of your Keenetic directly, without a USB hub. It could resolve the issue.

The second issue is SIP registration failure. I hope your provider will help you to resolve it.

• Thanks 1