Accessing USB-CBC Modem web interface from L2TP VPN connection. Please help

linuxadmin

Question

Hello people!

I have Zyxel Keenetic Omni II and configured L2TP vpn interface for administering the router remotely. I have created a NAT port forwarding rule and am able to access the router's web interface through VPN ip.

The router's wan is USB-CBC modem, and it have it's own web interface available on 192.168.8.1. I am able to access it from zyxel's wifi, but not able to access it from VPN after creating port-forwarding rule.

How I can access the router's web interface from VPN interface? I tried to create firewall rules that permit everything from/to everything on all protocols. Nothing helped.

I think I need to create an iptable's MASQUERADE-like rule, or create a proxy service. I read about doing the same through KeenDNS service, it is possible by creating ip proxy http... service. But I need to access it from my own L2TP VPN connection.

As I said, I successfully can access the zyxel's web interface from vpn connection, but not modem's.

Please help

1 answer to this question

В 01.03.2019 в 22:09, linuxadmin сказал:

Hello people!

I have Zyxel Keenetic Omni II and configured L2TP vpn interface for administering the router remotely. I have created a NAT port forwarding rule and am able to access the router's web interface through VPN ip.

The router's wan is USB-CBC modem, and it have it's own web interface available on 192.168.8.1. I am able to access it from zyxel's wifi, but not able to access it from VPN after creating port-forwarding rule.

How I can access the router's web interface from VPN interface? I tried to create firewall rules that permit everything from/to everything on all protocols. Nothing helped.

I think I need to create an iptable's MASQUERADE-like rule, or create a proxy service. I read about doing the same through KeenDNS service, it is possible by creating ip proxy http... service. But I need to access it from my own L2TP VPN connection.

As I said, I successfully can access the zyxel's web interface from vpn connection, but not modem's.

Please help

In your case ip http proxy suits best.

The main problem is that usb modem has default gateway directed into wireless net, not in USB one.