Getting information available in the web front end from shell

Avee

Question

Hi,

I have snmpd server (not mini version) running, so that my keenetic hero can pass network information to my home automation server.

I would like to access some information available on the web front end from a sh script, so I can serve it via SNMP.

More specifically, I am interested in the device list and in the internet connection status. For the device list, I am currently using the devices from the arp table via the ip command. However, the status of the devices is not the same as in the front end. I have not found a workaround for internet connectivity yet (as shown on the main web page).

Can anybody tell me how to access the infomation via shell scripts? The router seems to provide it via json, but I was not able to forge a request, and I think that is a bit of a convoluted way anyway. I would much rather use a command to the backend software, or find out what command happens in the background of the web requests.

Edit:

I found I can access my device list by telnet by "show ip hotspot". However, I need this in a shell script. How can I access the telnet commands from the linux shell?

Edited by Avee

1 answer to this question

On 12/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, Avee said:

y keenetic hero can pass network information to my home automation server.

I would like to access some information available on the web front end from a sh script, so I can serve it via SNMP.

More specifically, I am interested in the device list and in the internet connection status. For the device list, I am currently using the devices from the arp table via the ip command. However, the status of the devices is not th

Ok, solved it with a dirty workaround.

My needed information is also available via the rest interface. Unfortunately, my home server doesn't support the authentication method. There is however, a possibility for unauthenticated rest requests on localhost:79. So I used curl in a script.

So what I did was:

curl --silent http://127.0.0.1:79/rci/show/internet/status/internet 2>&1

and

curl --silent http://127.0.0.1:79/rci/show/ip/hotspot 2>&1

Edited by Avee
  • Thanks 1