Keenetic Peak and APC Back-UPS ES700

Chezzie

Question

Please help me configure the OPKG to allow the router (KN-2170) gracefully shutdown by a signal from from UPS on the power outage.

I have APC Back-UPS ES 700.

Already installed all necessary OPKG packages but I have trouble configuring it.

Spent a day trying to find information. (I am a developer so I will easily understand every suggestion.)

Anybody here have such experience, ready configuration files? Pleeeease share.

4 answers to this question

2 минуты назад, Chezzie сказал:

Please help me configure the OPKG to allow the router (KN-2170) gracefully shutdown by a signal from from UPS on the power outage.

I have APC Back-UPS ES 700.

Already installed all necessary OPKG packages but I have trouble configuring it.

Spent a day trying to find information. (I am a developer so I will easily understand every suggestion.)

Anybody here have such experience, ready configuration files? Pleeeease share.

The main suggestion here is the router has no ACPI subsystem (has no PC-like suspend mode), so you may only reboot the device by a signal or (at least) unmount storages.

1 minute ago, sergeyk said:

The main suggestion here is the router has no ACPI subsystem (has no PC-like suspend mode), so you may only reboot the device by a signal or (at least) unmount storages.

Thanks!

Oh my. The evidently best function is impossible :(

Anyway I'd like to have everything what is possible from such connection, maybe monitor status.

I have PowerChute app on my laptop and it shows the APC status very well, wanna to move such functionality to router, configure some actions on events.