Wich keenetic to expand 2.4 and 5ghz

jumpcom

Question

Hello

I have a Carrier, it works very well. I want to expand the wifi signal in the 2 bands, 2.4 and 5.

I have read somewhere it was only possible to expand 5ghz when we have a dual band router... so, how to expand the two bands of my carrier, what do i have to buy ?

Thank you

5 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, jumpcom said:

Thanks for your answer, but this text is the one i read on keenetic website :

Question: Is it possible to use the 2.4 GHz band rather than the 5 GHz band when using dual-band models as an Extender and Main Router for Mesh Wi-Fi connection?
Answer: No. When using a dual-band model as an Extender (Carrier, Skipper, Speedster, Buddy 5/5S) when acquired in the Mesh Wi-Fi System, the wireless backhaul connection will only work in the 5 GHz band (this is currently a limitation of the Mesh Wi-Fi System design). If you want your Extender to work exclusively on the 2.4 GHz band, use a single-band router model.

There is something i dont understand ? It seems we cant expand at the same time the two bands ?

Mesh via 5ghz but expand coverago for both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. 

• Thanks 1

43 минуты назад, jumpcom сказал:

Hello

I have a Carrier, it works very well. I want to expand the wifi signal in the 2 bands, 2.4 and 5.

I have read somewhere it was only possible to expand 5ghz when we have a dual band router... so, how to expand the two bands of my carrier, what do i have to buy ?

Thank you

Any dual-band Keenetic.

• Thanks 1

Question: Is it possible to use the 2.4 GHz band rather than the 5 GHz band when using dual-band models as an Extender and Main Router for Mesh Wi-Fi connection?
Answer: No. When using a dual-band model as an Extender (Carrier, Skipper, Speedster, Buddy 5/5S) when acquired in the Mesh Wi-Fi System, the wireless backhaul connection will only work in the 5 GHz band (this is currently a limitation of the Mesh Wi-Fi System design). If you want your Extender to work exclusively on the 2.4 GHz band, use a single-band router model.

There is something i dont understand ? It seems we cant expand at the same time the two bands ?

3 часа назад, jumpcom сказал:

It means, that any 5G-capable extender will use only 5G as the backhaul to the main router (it forces that the main router must be 5G-capable too). But as a repeater it will broadcast both.

• Thanks 2