Domain address for Syslog server ?

KYTECHNGAMING

Question

Why is domain name not allowed for syslog server? It can also be done with the config of the syslog-ng entware package. Link

In the Keenetic interface, I can only listen remotely if the server has a static ip.

image.thumb.png.857ab77a581e7dedbd610396914e4301.png

I can listen to my friend's syslog on tcp 514 port. I would like to write a 4th level domain instead of writing a static ip.

image.png.71702c3d6a9ffbd581c0c799237d3c2d.png

Ex: entware * syslog-ng config

image.png.06fc686161e3f7401ae7171172850963.pngimage.png.0da08b646686e525222c4376b0f877c0.png

In addition, why is it not stated in the interface and articles that these records can be sent to a remote location? All examples are given with local networks.

3 answers to this question

Syslog sender in fw works on very low level and cannot resolve domain names when it starts (It's even connectionless, so UDP messages are being sent without knowlege of running interafces and availability of network addresses and connection). It is the known limitation, and we plan to resolve it in future. You can vote for it by creation of ticket in official support.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le ecureuil said:

Syslog sender in fw works on very low level and cannot resolve domain names when it starts (It's even connectionless, so UDP messages are being sent without knowlege of running interafces and availability of network addresses and connection). It is the known limitation, and we plan to resolve it in future. You can vote for it by creation of ticket in official support.

Ticket has been already opened. #559561

Thans @Le ecureuil for information.