Interface bugs

PriSonerS61

Question

Hello, I would like to report a few bugs I noticed. @eralde @Anna Zhelankina

1) When the logo is clicked to return to the homepage (/dashboard) from a different page in the mobile view, it redirects to the /dasboard page, but the menu is automatically open. It should be closed. It works properly in the old interface, the new interface has a problem in this way.

2) The "command line" option that appears in the desktop version does not appear in the mobile view.

3) When the "Traffic monitor" page is opened for the first time, the time interval in the graph is nested. It will be fixed if the time interval is changed. This issue is triggered only when the "Traffic monitor" page is opened for the first time.

Spoiler

1.png

4) When I want to list the interfaces in the "default route" on the "Routing" page, I get a strange error. The "save" and "cancel" buttons are located above the interface names.

Spoiler

default-route.png

(The z-index value for the row with the buttons is set to 70, so they are always at the top. Changing the value to 1 fixes problem 4 and 5)

5) In the same way, when I want to list the interfaces in a setup with a "default route", the scroll does not work in the interfaces section and there is a huge gap. If you reduce the height of the page and force the menu to open upwards, the "interfaces" are displayed properly.

Spoiler

3.png

6) The warning text that appears in Turkish in the "my network and wifi" section on the home page is in English. It should be in Turkish. There is also a difference between the English text that appears when Turkish is selected and the English text that appears when English is selected, even though they mean the same thing.

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

7) Although Turkish language is selected, the segment names on the "Wireless Access Control" page are in English. 

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

8) The Turkish equivalent of "Import settings from previous router" is a bit long, so it does not fit in the allocated space and overflows.

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

Edited by PriSonerS61
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

9 answers to this question

@eralde@Anna ZhelankinaHello, I noticed that there is no data for the "connection" column for the mesh device in the new interface. Mesh is connected wirelessly. @KYTECHNGAMINGdevices are wired and the data shows up. I think the problem is only for wireless.

https://ibb.co/LPz29ZB
https://ibb.co/QcgW7tq

4.1 alpha 4

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

Edited by PriSonerS61
  • Thanks 2

@eralde@Anna Zhelankina
HI. I updated to 4.1 alpha 5 and here is the latest status, just wanted to let you know:

Fixed issues : 1 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 9

Unfixed issues  : 2 - 6 - 7 - 8

I also noticed that the phrase "read more" after the description is the same in both English and Turkish. This phrase is not localized.

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

Edited by PriSonerS61

8 minutes ago, Anna Zhelankina said:

@PriSonerS61, good day! 
We have not planned to implement the transition to the Command line page in the mobile version. For the other items we are in the process of fixing) 

Hi there. I think you should add this to the mobile view. We cannot be at the computer all the time to view the desktop version. When we want to enter the web cli with mobile, we have to interfere with the URL. It seems like an unnecessary move.

I suggest you add it to the mobile version as it is in the desktop version or add a web cli option to the menu.

• Upvote 1

Hello. I did the 4.1 Alpha 6 update and here is the latest status: @eralde @Anna Zhelankina

It has been stated that this is not a problem: 2

Fixed problems : 1 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 9

Unfixed issues : 7 , 8

I also noticed 2 new problems, they are as follows:

10 ) Although the SFTP component is not installed, it seems to be installed in the new interface. When I try to open it, the log says "Error: Core::Configurator: not found: "ip/ssh/sftp" [http/rci]." I see the error. SFTP does not appear in the old interface.

https://ibb.co/GTkBPCf

1000014238.png

https://ibb.co/kJv9L3S
1000014239.png

https://ibb.co/34BXGVx

1000014240.png

https://ibb.co/KNDN93c

1000014242.png

11) I think there is a general problem with pop-ups in the new interface, because if the page is scrolled while the pop-up is open, the pop-up will also scroll.

For example, you can go to the device detail page to test it. Open a device detail page and scroll up and down the page with the scroll key. After a while the popup will also scroll. I think the popup needs to be fixed.

Edited by PriSonerS61

24 минуты назад, PriSonerS61 сказал:

11) I think there is a general problem with pop-ups in the new interface, because if the page is scrolled while the pop-up is open, the pop-up will also scroll.

For example, you can go to the device detail page to test it. Open a device detail page and scroll up and down the page with the scroll key. After a while the popup will also scroll. I think the popup needs to be fixed.

I can't reproduce this. I may have misunderstood the nature of the issue. Either the page or the popup window is scrolling for me (this works the same way on all UI pages).

Please describe what you are doing step by step.
E.g.:

• <I am using the "X" browser in the "Y" OS on my computer/smartphone/... (exact build version aren't required, for example "Windows 10/Chrome" is enough)>
  • I open the "Client Lists" page
  • I press the "BUTTON" button on my keyboard / I click on the ... element on the page / I scroll the page using the mouse / ...
  • ... then I <do something else> ...
  • ... (a few more steps)
  • ... then Z happens, which I think is the problem

55 minutes ago, eralde said:

I can't reproduce this. I may have misunderstood the nature of the issue. Either the page or the popup window is scrolling for me (this works the same way on all UI pages).

Please describe what you are doing step by step.
E.g.:

• <I am using the "X" browser in the "Y" OS on my computer/smartphone/... (exact build version aren't required, for example "Windows 10/Chrome" is enough)>
  • I open the "Client Lists" page
  • I press the "BUTTON" button on my keyboard / I click on the ... element on the page / I scroll the page using the mouse / ...
  • ... then I <do something else> ...
  • ... (a few more steps)
  • ... then Z happens, which I think is the problem

I took a video and posted it hidden on youtube. I am sharing the youtube link as a hidden message just before this message.

In the video I compared the popup in the old interface and the popup in the new interface. You will see it clearly from there.

In the old interface: the popup page is at max page height and remains fixed. When the page is scrolled, only the page content is scrolled.

But in the new interface: the popup does not take the max. page height at the start. When the page is scrolled with the scroll key, the pop-up scrolls to the max. page height.  So it moves. This should not happen. It should be fixed like in the old interface.

1) windows 11 / chrome

I don't write other details as they will be seen in the video.

49 минут назад, PriSonerS61 сказал:

I took a video and posted it hidden on youtube. I am sharing the youtube link as a hidden message just before this message.

In the video I compared the popup in the old interface and the popup in the new interface. You will see it clearly from there.

In the old interface: the popup page is at max page height and remains fixed. When the page is scrolled, only the page content is scrolled.

But in the new interface: the popup does not take the max. page height at the start. When the page is scrolled with the scroll key, the pop-up scrolls to the max. page height.  So it moves. This should not happen. It should be fixed like in the old interface.

1) windows 11 / chrome

I don't write other details as they will be seen in the video.

I've watched your video. This is the expected behavior for the scroll in a popup, not an error.

If you find the new scroll behavior inconvenient, please explain why you feel that way.

17 minutes ago, eralde said:

I've watched your video. This is the expected behavior for the scroll in a popup, not an error.

If you find the new scroll behavior inconvenient, please explain why you feel that way.

Then I think this feature is a bit ridiculous.

Our goal is to display the popup in any case.

This prevents us from seeing more data at first glance and causes unnecessary scrolling.

I think these pop-ups should be fixed after they are opened, as they were before.

• Thanks 1