DEV/3.7.B.3 Torrent - CPU Hog

KYTECHNGAMING

Question

With 3.7.3, the CPU usage is 90%+ in torrent usage. I've been following for a week. With a torrent file attached, as the speed increases, I get more CPU usage and timeout messages. If 3-5 torrents are already attached, the CPU will peak in a much shorter time.

Not sure, but there may be a connection issue with public trackers as well, which seems to increase CPU usage in this case. I've never encountered these CPU-related situations before, even when downloading and uploading multiple times at the same time.

Despite these, I have no problems with my internet access. The modem does not reboot either. It can work like this for hours. :) Only interface access hangs.

What is the situation with you?

14 answers to this question

В 20.10.2021 в 12:43, yerebakan сказал:

В версии 3.7.3 загрузка ЦП составляет 90% + при использовании торрентов. Слежу уже неделю. С прикрепленным торрент-файлом по мере увеличения скорости я получаю больше сообщений об использовании ЦП и тайм-аутах.

A similar problem, the same software version - 3.7.3 and Keenetic DSL - CPU usage is under 100%, the web interface does not open at the time of downloading the torrent. The Transmission remote interface barely updates data, with a huge delay, freezes.

12 minutes ago, bigpu said:

A similar problem, the same software version - 3.7.3 and Keenetic DSL - CPU usage is under 100%, the web interface does not open at the time of downloading the torrent. The Transmission remote interface barely updates data, with a huge delay, freezes.

When I tried with 3.7.4 a little while ago, I encountered the same situations.

Do you have ntce installed?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.94e63849f5efdbd0dd888db1ac54b88d.png

12 минуты назад, yerebakan сказал:

Do you have ntce installed?

Yes, it is installed.

I wrote for the problem in the Russian branch of the forum. I see they haven't answered you here yet. Maybe they will pay attention to the problem faster there.

3 minutes ago, bigpu said:

Yes, it is installed.

I wrote for the problem in the Russian branch of the forum. I see they haven't answered you here yet. Maybe they will pay attention to the problem faster there.

Thanks, I am following your thread of course. 

Now I am downloading 1 download + 1 seed. There is no problem. But sometimes problem occurs even single file. 

Transmission write a lot of log in syslog. I tried to suppress transmission logs, that is not fixed the issue. 

Telegram admin told me is that related about new ntce dpi.

1 минуту назад, yerebakan сказал:

Now I am downloading 1 download + 1 seed. There is no problem. But sometimes problem occurs even single file.

I have this problem with one download

2 минуты назад, yerebakan сказал:

Telegram admin told me is that related about new ntce dpi.

The first thing I thought about was ntce.

Since the problem with the white interface of the router began to arise again, as it was before, although, it seems, this problem has already been solved. I will also create a case in the branch.

Have you tried disabling the ntce service, is the problem going away?

7 minutes ago, bigpu said:

Since the problem with the white interface of the router began to arise again

what is this problem? delay or hang? Yesterday, dark theme extension hang for a while.

8 minutes ago, bigpu said:

Have you tried disabling the ntce service, is the problem going away?

I have not tried. 

9 minutes ago, bigpu said:

I have this problem with one download

Can't catch while cpu is %90. now I get timeout message
image.thumb.png.8c05626fc4bc628ecc0420fe08b03d8c.png

7 минут назад, yerebakan сказал:

what is this problem? delay or hang? Yesterday, dark theme extension hang for a while

This is when you enter the router interface, and there is only a blue side menu and an empty white background, without icons, words, etc.

10 минут назад, yerebakan сказал:

Hwnat is disabled in my settings.

I have it turned on. But I seem to have read that ntce is completely disabled by removing the component

1 minute ago, bigpu said:

This is when you enter the router interface, and there is only a blue side menu and an empty white background, without icons, words, etc.

Hımm. I have never get this issue. Interesting. Is that related your browser's data, cookie or extensions? 

2 minutes ago, bigpu said:

ntce is completely disabled by removing the component

yeps. 

3 minutes ago, bigpu said:

I have it turned on

As description, I chose to disable.

Если для устройства используется класс обслуживания, то для него отключается аппаратный сетевой ускоритель (ppe hardware; hwnat), поскольку ускоритель не умеет работать с приоритизацией трафика.

https://help.keenetic.com/hc/ru/articles/360017046280-Выбор-класса-обслуживания-для-устройств-домашней-сети

23 минуты назад, yerebakan сказал:

Hımm. I have never get this issue. Interesting. Is that related your browser's data, cookie or extensions? 

this was due to the CPU load at 100%, and then to the fact that tessu clogged all the RAM

Here is the branch that I created, the dude there unsubscribed that he created a ticket to technical support, so we will wait for the solution of the problem. Thank you for your case!