Landing Page for Guest WLAN to accept Terms of use

BenniF

Question

14 answers to this question

Dear BenniF!
We will consider to add your request for future implementation.
In the past profile settings of https://www.hotspotsystem.com/ were implemented in Keenetic as Captive portal.
This service collaborates with clients in Europe actively.
Both Keenetic and Hotspotsystem have performed the test for interoperatibility.
In case you are abe to recommend the similar service (hotspot porvider) in Germany then share this info.
Keenetic will contact them for cooperation.

• Upvote 1

Hello Benjamin,

Correct me if I am wrong, you want a user connecting to a WLAN segment, before going to the Internet, comply with 'Terms of use' document?

Is this what is referred to as 'Public Wi-Fi hotspot' in Fritzbox?

image.thumb.png.8df43198ad57a9bad2ab1787198f61f6.png

Is this feature such a hard challenge for Keentic? Guess I am not the only one who would be pleased to use it.

AVM has implemented this for years!!

So Keentic do you accept the challenge?

Edited by BenniF

Benjamin, thanks for clarification. Based on your usage scenario, are there any settings that are missing in the Fritzbox implementation, but you find useful or necessary? Are there any settings you never use? 

image.thumb.png.a573f1fb0e08f898313c8c007a256912.png

I agree, this would be a useful feature.
More importantly in my eyes however: Why are the guest wifi setting not exposed/visible, when the router is in AP mode?
In my company we're using three Keenetic Skippers for the Wifi and they have to run in Access point/Extender mode.

For no apparent reason, the Guest Wifi settings and also VPN server settings are simply not visible/usable. I would need both. Is this something that we can fix? The settings exist and there is no reason to hide them in AP mode...

That would be a massive improvement for us!

@DavidD Thanks for your questions and input!

1. There is a plan to implement a Landing Page for network segments as described above.

2. There are no preconfigured network segments in the Extender mode, still you can set up them easily. Please refer to this article

3. Keenetic device in extender mode does not perform Network Address Translation and Routing functions that are essential for VPN operation. That is the reason VPN components are hidden in Extender mode. Please explain more about your application, we may suggest another way to make it happen.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your helpful answer!

1) Cool to hear!
2) Yes, that makes sense, thanks!
3) In our setup we have a modem, which is also the main router + DHCP server. We're a small business and in order for our employees to access the network, we have a OpenWRT router running as a Wireguard server. It's basically just a client in our network and I set a port-forwarding in the main router, so the OpenWRT router can be reached from outside. Basically I just want to replace this OpenWRT router and use the Wireguard functionality in our Keenetic Access Points.

Hello David, thanks for getting back! It must be possible to replace your current modem along with an OpenWRT router altogether with a Keenetic router that has a modem inside, like Keenetic Hero DSL, for example. In addition to the WireGuard feature, this will enable the Mesh Wi-Fi system for your office as well.