Although wifi is turned off, wifi led is on and If wifi is turned off in the system, wifi cannot be turned on again with the button.

ReisTR

Question

Hi. I set the task of pressing the button once to turn off and on the home wifi network.

When I turn off the wifi in the system, the wifi activ led continues to light. but wifi is off and i can't turn wifi on and off with button. it is a problem.

When wifi is turned on via the system, the button can control wifi.

When I turn off the wifi with the application on the phone while I am outside, someone at home cannot turn on the wifi with the button. In this case, can a checkbox be added to the system for button priority assignment? When this box is active, the button will be the first priority authority to turn wifi on and off.

5 answers to this question

The Wi-Fi button and Wi-Fi toggles in the web interface are independent controls. The system architecture is:

• WifiMaster0 — 2.4 GHz radio
    • WifiMaster0/AccessPoint0
    • WifiMaster0/AccessPoint1
  • WifiMaster1 — 5 GHz radio
    • WifiMaster1/AccessPoint0
    • WifiMaster1/AccessPoint1

The button controls the WifiMaster interfaces. It turns radio on and off. The AccessPoints are logical multi-SSID interfaces on top of WifiMaster. So, they stop working when you turn the radio off using hardware button.

On the other hand, access points have individual controls in the web interface. These software controls cannot enable Wi-Fi if you disabled the whole WifiMaster, because hardware switch has a higher priority.

9 hours ago, ReisTR said:

When I turn off the wifi with the application on the phone while I am outside, someone at home cannot turn on the wifi with the button.

When someone at home turns the WifiMaster on using the button, the AccessPoint interfaces may be disabled using software.

This logic may be not obvious from the GUI point of view, but it's not a bug, and works exactly as designed.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ReisTR said:

Hi. I set the task of pressing the button once to turn off and on the home wifi network.

When I turn off the wifi in the system, the wifi activ led continues to light. but wifi is off and i can't turn wifi on and off with button. it is a problem.

When wifi is turned on via the system, the button can control wifi.

When I turn off the wifi with the application on the phone while I am outside, someone at home cannot turn on the wifi with the button. In this case, can a checkbox be added to the system for button priority assignment? When this box is active, the button will be the first priority authority to turn wifi on and off.

If you say that the light is blinking even if the wifi is turned off, it is not.

If you do not have a Mesh Wi-Fi system, turn off Backhaul from the settings under the Wi-Fi Mesh menu.

Backhaul, by design, does not close.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, admin said:

Web arayüzündeki Wi-Fi düğmesi ve Wi-Fi geçişleri bağımsız kontrollerdir. Sistem mimarisi:

• WifiMaster0 — 2,4 GHz radyo
    • WifiMaster0/Erişim Noktası1
  • WifiMaster1 — 5 GHz radyo
    • WifiMaster1/Erişim Noktası0
    • WifiMaster1/Erişim Noktası1

Düğme, WifiMaster arayüzlerini kontrol eder. Radyoyu açar ve kapatır. AccessPoint'ler, WifiMaster'ın üzerindeki mantıksal çoklu SSID arabirimleridir. Bu nedenle, donanım düğmesini kullanarak radyoyu kapattığınızda çalışmayı durdururlar.

Öte yandan, erişim noktalarının web arayüzünde bireysel kontrolleri vardır. Donanım anahtarı daha yüksek bir önceliğe sahip olduğundan, WifiMaster'ın tamamını devre dışı bıraktıysanız bu yazılım kontrolleri Wi-Fi'yi etkinleştiremez.

Evdeki biri düğmeyi kullanarak WifiMaster'ı açtığında, AccessPoint arayüzleri yazılım kullanılarak devre dışı bırakılabilir.

Bu mantık GUI açısından açık olmayabilir, ancak bu bir hata değildir ve tam olarak tasarlandığı gibi çalışır.

I understand how wifi ssystem architecture works.

the system is turning AccessPoint0 on or off.

the button turns WifiMaster0(radio frequency) on and off.

for a device to see and connect to wifi AccessPoint0 and WifiMaster0 must be actively turned on .

In this case, I have a problem like this

For example, let's create a wifi work schedule. Let the wifi turn on at 8 in the morning and turn it off at 2 at night. Since this planning is created by the system, the wifi will be opened and closed by the system. the button cannot ınterefere the wifi right ?

problems I have when I need to connect wifi at 3 a.m. after wifi closes at 2 a.m .;

1-""Let's say that I can't access the ınternet in any way with my phone, for example"" How can I activate the  wifi at 3 a.m. and connect to wifi? in this case   because disabled through the system ı cant activate wifi with button isnt it 

2-When I want to access the interface at 3 a.m. and turn on wifi through the system, I always have to make the work calendar open. In this case, I turn off my wifi work calendar schedule to turn on wifi.

if a checkbox is added to the system, when this box is active, when the button is pressed, -WifiMaster0--on == AccessPoint0--on //

-WifiMaster0--off == AccessPoint0--off

at the same time, if the wifi work calendar is turned on, and the wifi  is turned off, by stopping the work calendar, press the wifi button, and  wifi turn it on, turn it off with the wifi button at the end of the work, and the wifi work calendar continues where it left off. Wouldn't that be a lot more useable?

Is it possible to add such a feature to control wifi with a button under all conditions?

Edited by ReisTR

13 hours ago, KYTECHNGAMING said:

If you say that the light is blinking even if the wifi is turned off, it is not.

If you do not have a Mesh Wi-Fi system, turn off Backhaul from the settings under the Wi-Fi Mesh menu.

Backhaul, by design, does not close.

Thanks. This solution worked. 😀

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, admin said:

The Wi-Fi button and Wi-Fi toggles in the web interface are independent controls. The system architecture is:

• WifiMaster0 — 2.4 GHz radio
    • WifiMaster0/AccessPoint1
  • WifiMaster1 — 5 GHz radio
    • WifiMaster1/AccessPoint0
    • WifiMaster1/AccessPoint1

The button controls the WifiMaster interfaces. It turns radio on and off. The AccessPoints are logical multi-SSID interfaces on top of WifiMaster. So, they stop working when you turn the radio off using hardware button.

On the other hand, access points have individual controls in the web interface. These software controls cannot enable Wi-Fi if you disabled the whole WifiMaster, because hardware switch has a higher priority.

When someone at home turns the WifiMaster on using the button, the AccessPoint interfaces may be disabled using software.

This logic may be not obvious from the GUI point of view, but it's not a bug, and works exactly as designed.

With my old modem, I could turn off the wifi with my phone and turn it on with the button on the modem or vice versa. This is not possible on my Keenetic modem. Separate wps control for access point and separate wps control task for client have been added to modem wifi button task assignments. Wireless WifiMaster - Is it possible to add a task to wifi button task assignments to have the AccessPoint turn on and off at the same time? I'm sure many people will use this button functionality. 

keenetic.PNG