Delete component: KeenDNS: Re-appears?

rAcKShen

Question

I try to follow these steps to remove the KeenDNS component (4). Works. However, after the device restarted, that component is installed again (and running). Any idea how I could debug this further, in which log I should look into? Tried both with 3.7.4 (3.07.C.4) and 3.8 Alpha 8 (3.08.A.8). Reset via Web interface.

9 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, rAcKShen said:

I try to follow these steps to remove the KeenDNS component (4). Works. However, after the device restarted, that component is installed again (and running). Any idea how I could debug this further, in which log I should look into? Tried both with 3.7.4 (3.07.C.4) and 3.8 Alpha 8 (3.08.A.8). Reset via Web interface.

After deselecting KeenDNS component, did you choose to install the component in webdav or sstp?

No.

Yes, they depend. I had to remove WebDAV first to be able to remove KeenDNS. On the (Web) interface everything looks fine, I commit the change, my Keenetic is doing something, restarts. Everything looks fine. But then I list the components and KeenDNS is there again. In Wireshark, I see its traffic. So it is active as well.

3 hours ago, rAcKShen said:

Please, post your "show version" output. (There might be an implicit dependency on the server side. Just want to see, what other components are installed besides KeenDNS to fix the server-side rules.)

{
    "release": "3.07.C.4.0-2",
    "sandbox": "stable",
    "title": "3.7.4",
    "arch": "mips",
    "ndm": {
        "exact": "…",
        "cdate": "29 Mar 2022"
    },
    "bsp": {
        "exact": "…",
        "cdate": "30 Mar 2022"
    },
    "ndw": {
        "version": "3.7.74",
        "features": "wifi_button,single_usb_port,led_control,wifi5ghz,mimo5ghz,atf5ghz,dual_image,wifi_ft,wpa3",
        "components": "base,cloudcontrol,corewireless,ddns,dhcpd,dlna,dns-https,dns-tls,dot1x,easyconfig,exfat,ext,fat,hfsplus,igmp,ip6,l2tp,lang-de,lang-en,miniupnpd,mws,nathelper-ftp,nathelper-h323,nathelper-pptp,nathelper-rtsp,nathelper-sip,ndns,ntfs,nvox,pingcheck,ppe,pppoe,pptp,storage,trafficcontrol,tsmb,usb"
    },
    "ndw3": {
        "version": "1.30"
    },
    "manufacturer": "Keenetic Ltd.",
    "vendor": "Keenetic",
    "series": "KN",
    "model": "Carrier (KN-1711)",
    "hw_version": "11178000",
    "hw_type": "router",
    "hw_id": "KN-1711",
    "device": "Carrier",
    "region": "EU",
    "description": "Keenetic Carrier (KN-1711)",
    "prompt": "(config)"
}

Very much vanilla, except IPv6 and Phone, I think. By the way, a reset via the Web interface (or a change to the Extender mode) does not reset the components. Is there any trick to reset the components, except going for a Recovery?

{
   "release": "3.07.C.4.0-2",
   "sandbox": "stable",
   "title": "3.7.4",
   "arch": "mips",
   "ndm": {
      "exact": "xxx",
      "cdate": "29 Mar 2022"
   },
   "bsp": {
      "exact": "xxx",
      "cdate": "30 Mar 2022"
   },
   "ndw": {
      "version": "3.7.74",
      "features": "wifi_button,wifi5ghz,usb_3,usb_3_first,led_control,vht2ghz,bf2ghz,mimo5ghz,atf2ghz,atf5ghz,dual_image,wifi_ft,wpa3,hwnat,sfp",
      "components": "adguard-dns,base,cloudcontrol,cloudflare-dns,config-ap,config-client,config-repeater,corewireless,ddns,dhcpd,dlna,dns-https,dns-tls,dot1x,easyconfig,exfat,ext,fat,hfsplus,igmp,l2tp,lang-en,lang-ru,miniupnpd,mws,nathelper-ftp,nathelper-h323,nathelper-pptp,nathelper-rtsp,nathelper-sip,ndns,ntfs,pingcheck,ppe,pppoe,pptp,skydns,storage,trafficcontrol,transmission,tsmb,usb,usbdsl,usblte,usbmodem,usbnet,ydns"
   },
   "ndw3": {
      "version": "1.30"
   },
   "manufacturer": "Keenetic Ltd.",
   "vendor": "Keenetic",
   "series": "KN",
   "model": "Ultra (KN-1810)",
   "hw_version": "10188000",
   "hw_type": "router",
   "hw_id": "KN-1810",
   "device": "Ultra",