New KN-1011 - wireless networks gone

Twilight

Question

Hello Keenetic Support,

almost 10 years I've been using Buffalo WZR-600DHP. Last month I thought it would be a wise move to upgrade my home network and switch to a reliable solution as my old buffalo after all that time might be fail prone. Kn-1011 seemed like obvious choice and I was happy to buy and install it.

All nice and shiny it didn't last even a week and today right in the middle of the work call I lost my wifi (both 2.4 and 5 Ghz connectivity).

After router reload I got:

"The maximum number of wireless networks has been reached. To assign a wireless network, remove an existing wireless network in another segment."
for the both wireless interfaces.

Revert to default settings fixed nothing.
Is it a sign of a new keenetic "quality" or what? Is it still possible to fix it and what's probability I'll face this nonsense again?
Should I return it to the store tomorrow and forget about "the most reliable SOHO solution on the market"?

4 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Twilight said:

Hello Keenetic Support,

almost 10 years I've been using Buffalo WZR-600DHP. Last month I thought it would be a wise move to upgrade my home network and switch to a reliable solution as my old buffalo after all that time might be fail prone. Kn-1011 seemed like obvious choice and I was happy to buy and install it.

All nice and shiny it didn't last even a week and today right in the middle of the work call I lost my wifi (both 2.4 and 5 Ghz connectivity).

After router reload I got:

"The maximum number of wireless networks has been reached. To assign a wireless network, remove an existing wireless network in another segment."
for the both wireless interfaces.

Revert to default settings fixed nothing.
Is it a sign of a new keenetic "quality" or what? Is it still possible to fix it and what's probability I'll face this nonsense again?
Should I return it to the store tomorrow and forget about "the most reliable SOHO solution on the market"?

I guess it's a hardware failure. 😟 I've heard it 1-2 times before on another model. RD will support you.

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING
  • Thanks 1

So guys, it's been almost a week since I'm trying to settle the issue with the device return.

Frankly speaking Keenetic support is sporadic, non-friendly and useless.

Currently I have a dead $140 router that worked less than 10 days and no simple way to return it.

Moreover I spent another $100 to buy extra router to replace a faulty kn-1011.

I'm so frustrated. Didn't expect such a bumpy experience from a company who so heavily invested in advertisement of their soho products.

... breakages on Keenetic products are very sporadic if not rare because the motherboard contains very few discrete components, you were just unlucky because normally the Keenetics go like steam trains without ever stopping, personally since I use the Keenetic I do not get angry anymore and I don't even have to keep the modems as an ornament until a new Firmware comes out (Years!) which fixes everything as often happened with a Chinese company with a high-sounding name, but with products (Even the CLI is almost non-existent or reduced to the bare minimum) which I do not even recommend as toys for children. For heaven's sake stay away if you can and you will live happily!