IntelliQoS Page (Smart Queue Management) - A few feature requests

PriSonerS61

Question

Hello. I think IntelliQoS is missing a few controls. @eralde

These are : 
1) Enable / disable
2) MBPS / KBPS selection

Feature 1 is needed because : SQM cannot be disabled, there is no control for this in the new interface. When you want to disable it, you cannot enter the value 0 or leave it empty.

The 2nd feature is needed for the following reason: Sometimes users may want to fine tune the speed in KBPS. I think it would be good to give this choice to the user.

https://ibb.co/mBtd1xD

sqm.png

• Upvote 4

6 answers to this question

3 часа назад, PriSonerS61 сказал:

Hello. I think IntelliQoS is missing a few controls. @eralde

These are :
1) Enable / disable

To disable traffic prioritization you should uncheck the second checkbox on the picture below
(it does the same thing as the toggle in the current UI)
image.png

Personally, I don't think specifying a kbps limit is a very popular feature, but if it gets a lot of votes, we'll probably implement it.

Perhaps an easier way to achieve the same result would be to modify the inputs to allow you to enter a non-integer value (in Mbps) there.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, eralde said:

To disable traffic prioritization you should uncheck the second checkbox on the picture below
(it does the same thing as the toggle in the current UI)
image.png

Personally, I don't think specifying a kbps limit is a very popular feature, but if it gets a lot of votes, we'll probably implement it.

Perhaps an easier way to achieve the same result would be to modify the inputs to allow you to enter a non-integer value (in Mbps) there.

I don't quite understand your first message. Aren't the "Smart Queue Management" and "Application classification and prioritization" features independent of each other?

I just wanted an on/off feature for the Smart Queue Management feature because it limits the speed according to the value entered. Maybe the user may want to remove or disable it later.

-------

Yes I agree with that, if we are not forced to enter integers in mbps, it will indirectly work the same as kbps.

6 часов назад, PriSonerS61 сказал:

I don't quite understand your first message. Aren't the "Smart Queue Management" and "Application classification and prioritization" features independent of each other?

The "IntelliQoS" page layout may be a bit confusing, but the "Application prioritization" checkbox actually turns SQM on or off.

In order to properly prioritize traffic, we need to:

• know the actual bandwidth (how many packets you can send per second over a given connection)
  • classify traffic (put packets of a given type into appropriate queues)
  • send a certain number of packets from each queue according to its priority

So that's what we show in the new UI: a table to specify the bandwidth limit for each connection, a checkbox to enable classification and another checkbox to enable prioritization (with a list of traffic types that can be ordered according to your wishes below).

• Thanks 3

12 часа назад, eralde сказал:

The "IntelliQoS" page layout may be a bit confusing, but the "Application prioritization" checkbox actually turns SQM on or off.

In order to properly prioritize traffic, we need to:

• know the actual bandwidth (how many packets you can send per second over a given connection)
  • classify traffic (put packets of a given type into appropriate queues)
  • send a certain number of packets from each queue according to its priority

So that's what we show in the new UI: a table to specify the bandwidth limit for each connection, a checkbox to enable classification and another checkbox to enable prioritization (with a list of traffic types that can be ordered according to your wishes below).

Hi, i have a questions.
1. If i use app prioritazation data i have jitters and ping spikes in my tests, also games like (apex,cs,dota) do not have category ( they have 6 because because not determited.)
2.And strange thing, if i use bandwith limit in intelliqos like 250/250 works fine, but if use upstream I(interface ISP) rate-limit - upload and download 250/250. Upload works fine, download no (make speed more then limit). 
3.How to setup SQM correctly? Should i use app prioritize to enable SQM (fq_codel/cake algorithms) also priority 6 (default) in device list? OR can use intelliqos rate limit and setup priority in device list in my pc (not default 6)
Thanks!
Keenetic Viva 1912 and 4.1 beta 4

Edited by pashachoo

2 часа назад, pashachoo сказал:

Hi, i have a questions.
1. If i use app prioritazation data i have jitters and ping spikes in my tests, also games like (apex,cs,dota) do not have category ( they have 6 because because not determited.)
2.And strange thing, if i use bandwith limit in intelliqos like 250/250 works fine, but if use upstream I(interface ISP) rate-limit - upload and download 250/250. Upload works fine, download no (make speed more then limit). 
3.How to setup SQM correctly? Should i use app prioritize to enable SQM (fq_codel/cake algorithms) also priority 6 (default) in device list? OR can use intelliqos rate limit and setup priority in device list in my pc (not default 6)
Thanks!
Keenetic Viva 1912 and 4.1 beta 4

This is certainly out of scope of this thread (your questions aren't about the Web UI, if I understand them correctly).

Please, start a new thread here: https://forum.keenetic.com/forum/52-dev-channel-issues-test-reports/ and describe your issues as detailed as possible or create a new request to the tech support (https://help.keenetic.com/hc/en-us)