Adding Notes in the Interface or RMM

KYTECHNGAMING

Question

Hello,

I use custom settings on some devices in my mesh system. For example, static node connection...
But sometimes it's hard to remember on which device I applied it. For this reason, it may be impossible for this device to reconnect in a possible relocation.
If I can see this in the note, it's easy to remember and I can remove this setting first and then relocate it.

Is it possible to improve on this issue in the interface or even in RMM?

@eralde @Le ecureuil @Julia Rybakova

5 answers to this question

В 20.06.2022 в 10:09, KYTECHNGAMING сказал:

Hello,

I use custom settings on some devices in my mesh system. For example, static node connection...
But sometimes it's hard to remember on which device I applied it. For this reason, it may be impossible for this device to reconnect in a possible relocation.
If I can see this in the note, it's easy to remember and I can remove this setting first and then relocate it.

Is it possible to improve on this issue in the interface or even in RMM?

@eralde @Le ecureuil @Julia Rybakova

Hej!

It's really good idea. I've added to our idea's backlog. 

Only for devices or for networks and hosts too?

If you know best practice and you like it, please, let me know or send me information on this topic. 

6 hours ago, Julia Rybakova said:

Hej!

It's really good idea. I've added to our idea's backlog. 

Only for devices or for networks and hosts too?

If you know best practice and you like it, please, let me know or send me information on this topic. 

Hi,

It would be nice to see them all in the repeater as well as we can see them all in the main controller.
We fully trust your developments.

Actually, I can say that while writing this development, I was just looking for a note plugin(widget).
When this note plugin(widget) is full, it is enough to have a notification icon somewhere in the interface that there is a note.

A more challenging scenario is; There may be a note system that notifies the change of codes made with the CLI. For example, to show commands where values diifferent from the default are set.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Ahmed Ensar said:

Aslında buna ek olarak ana yönlendiricideki mesh menüsünden tek tuşla mesh sistemindeki bütün cihazların fw ve ayar dosyalarını indirme gibi bir seçenekte eklenebilir.

I'm guessing there are works for batch operations.
We asked for a reboot.
Multitasking features will be the foundation of RMM.

Edited by KYTECHNGAMING

16 часов назад, Ahmed Ensar сказал:

Aslında buna ek olarak ana yönlendiricideki mesh menüsünden tek tuşla mesh sistemindeki bütün cihazların fw ve ayar dosyalarını indirme gibi bir seçenekte eklenebilir.

Yes, it will be.

It's next step after rebooting (done) and updating. Now, we're developing update KeeneticOS for members and all network + bulk operation, of course for these. 

• Thanks 1