DSL Connection / interface PPPoE0 description " " / Description cleared itself

KYTECHNGAMING

Question

If you are using WAN(ethernet) connection description, there is no problem. The name you give in the interface remains the same. And this appears in the mobile app.

image.thumb.png.a058bb690758996ecff23cb401ec3d93.png

In DSL models, it is not enough to enter the PPPoE description in the interface. Because it continues to appear as PPPoE in the mobile application.

image.png.82b331df26597237bee87ab38c4f91ad.pngimage.thumb.png.610199e6a864df009590dd0c13b172ec.png

That's why;

interface PPPoE0 description "TTNET"
system configuration save

We run the following commands.

Example of my friend @PriSonerS61

image.thumb.png.44fde41783e022aeac48e1c424166ba8.png

image.thumb.png.02ddd424af095450a93ba794c9d60ab5.png

Everything looks correct.
But this description disappears as we can't find the reason, and it appears as an example below. Same for my DSL connection, which is the backup provider I use, and the main provider for my other Peak DSL connection.

image.png.58614e9dbd137c563bf1f22552c75c63.pngimage.png.8e22d1aff4c320d4ce258a340e58399a.png

As I said in the first sentence, the wan connection (in my example; PPPoE0) is not the problem. This only happens with DSL connections.

image.png.52a7215db40edd932849bf5d66be7d7b.png

@AlexSP @Le ecureuil

15 answers to this question

@yerebakan

I apologise for the late reply.
As far as I understand you, the problem is that the value of the interface description field cannot be set from the Android app. And also the value set via the web GUI is also disappearing from the device config if you change or overwrite the DSL connection configuration via the app?

If so, this appears to be a known issue on Android, which we are currently fixing.

If I've misunderstood you, please tell me.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Alex Sh. said:

@yerebakan

I apologise for the late reply.
As far as I understand you, the problem is that the value of the interface description field cannot be set from the Android app. And also the value set via the web GUI is also disappearing from the device config if you change or overwrite the DSL connection configuration via the app?

If so, this appears to be a known issue on Android, which we are currently fixing.

If I've misunderstood you, please tell me.

🤞🙏

I have never tried to set it from the mobile application.
I set the description of DSL with the command in the Web CLI. But I don't know why it is deleted. And the situation only occurs for DSL connections.

There is no such problem in the descriptions of Fiber/Ethernet providers.

34 минуты назад, yerebakan сказал:

I set the description of DSL with the command in the Web CLI. But I don't know why it is deleted.

Then could you please do the following?
1. Set the description to you DSL connection and after that check in the config or in the web interface that the description is there.
2. Afterwards, go to the app and see if the description is shown in the connection name.
3. Try to make any changes to the DSL connection in the app and repeat step 2.

Because I'm not sure if the issue is connected to the app at all.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:20 PM, Alex Sh. said:

Then could you please do the following?
1. Set the description to you DSL connection and after that check in the config or in the web interface that the description is there.
2. Afterwards, go to the app and see if the description is shown in the connection name.
3. Try to make any changes to the DSL connection in the app and repeat step 2.

Because I'm not sure if the issue is connected to the app at all.

Hello there,

In my first post, many of these cases were actually tested as present.
In 3.6.10 and 3.7.x versions, the description is deleted in the same way without realizing it.

Without changing any settings, we see that there is no description, sometimes on the first reboot, sometimes after 2-3 reboots.

2 hours ago, Alex Sh. said:

It is necessary to understand which action leads to the removal of the description value. It can be a router, a mobile app, an RMM or user actions.
You have created a topic in the mobile app section. Do you think the issue has something to do with the app?

Hi Alex,

We replace this description with the CLI command. I just realized that it references here in the app.

The DSL connection name (provider name) in the interface does not correspond here.
It is obvious that the changes are also saved within the application.

I don't know if this is related to the application or the modem software. That's why I tagged both you and @Le ecureuil

I will change the value from within the app. I will change and save a dsl setting later. I will reboot the device immediately.
Let's see if I can catch it.

But I would like to point out again; The description changes, it also shows in the application. Even if no settings are changed, this description is deleted for some reason.

In @eralde 's theme plugin, it seems that the corresponding value in the dsl part was different.

Sorry, I couldn't try because there is app crash in dsl pppoe menu. (We reported on the Telegram channel.)

Edited by yerebakan

Yes, you're right. @Alex Sh. 

Admins can move the topic under the relevant forum topic if necessary.

If you examine my screen recordings below, the situation will be understood. The mobile app pulls the data. (I could not try changing the PPPoE description from the mobile application due to the error in the program.) But I don't know if there is a problem while pushing data.

You will see CLI commands and outputs. In example; The description is deleted by changing the SNR setting. Maybe it changes with other settings. But as I wrote before, it was deleted without even touching any settings.

Also, during video recording, I saw that the previously unchanged area now changes in that interface.

When PPPoE1 changes, DSL changes too. Otherwise not. When DSL changes, PPPoE1 does not change.

@Le ecureuil

https://streamable.com/ahe3q4

https://streamable.com/216613

Edited by yerebakan

1 hour ago, Alex Sh. said:

@yerebakan, hi! Thank you for your video. Thanks to it I can now cautiously assume that the problem is solved in KeeneticOS v 3.7.6. Could you please try it?

Also if you still have issues with accessing DSL settings in the app on version 27, please create a separate ticket, we'll respond.

Thank you for update. I will check it when available. 🙏